Monday, April 9, 2012

HOME for Easter!

Well, I am actually home as I write this last blog, for now, about the trip. I slept for an amazing 10 hours after making myself stay up all day yesterday. I have learned to try to make myself get back on the sleep schedule immediately if possible...doesn't always happen. I am 10 hours off schedule. And I know the words will begin to flow the more I am able to actually process what I have just seen.  Part of me wishes I had spent Easter with the church in Pakistan; but only if I could have had Tammy with me!

So this video post is our last memorable event on Good Friday. We were scheduled to speak & sing at one of the new church starts, called All Nations Gospel Church, see the name & entrance with David & the pastor. Before we got to the church though, other plans had been made. Seems like that happened a lot! You think you know where you are going & then you end up some place else! Funny to watch these Americans not be in control! But we show up at this little village to visit a family who owns a nursery there. Pattoki means city of flowers, so there is obviously a reason for that. They grow the most beautiful roses you will see. So we stopped & had tea there & then began our walk from that house to the church. This is the walk! A walk of humility that I would wish for every American Christian. Good Friday Processional.

And I am now finally able to upload a couple of worship videos from the crusade in Pattoki. They wouldn't work over there, so enjoy. Notice the guards walking around with rifles....and trying to keep people from getting out of their space! Some of you are freaking about that, but also the passionate singing & jumping around...that wouldn't happen in your church, if you are Baptist like me! You can hear them sing about Jehovah...they sing Yehoba!...not Allah! Worship of Jehovah!  More Pattoki Praise .

1 comment:

Dwaina said...

wow, that processional is amazing. it's like you and David and the others were just dropped into the first century. I felt so humbled/amazed/speechless just watching... can't imagine how you must have felt being there.