Thursday, April 5, 2012

2nd crusade service in Pattoki

On Tuesday night, the crowd grew to around 10,000 people & as we walked in surrounded by police & security, you could just sense the anticipation & the excitement already in the stadium.  The people begin gathering & singing as early as 6:00 & we do not arrive until around 8:30-9 each night.  It is a very stressful drive from our hotel to the crusade which takes about 2 1/2 hours. The traffic....!&*&)$(!_@)**%! - I can't even begin to tell you.

But they have already been worshipping & sitting, standing for 2-3 hours before we even get there.  I don't know if you have ever walked through a crowd of 10,000 people before as they are clapping & smiling & reaching out to you, but it is indescribable in my English vocabulary. We are in a rural area this week & the fascination these people have with us is so humbling; like a child who is so infatuated with a toy or something new, it is almost uncomfortable. Because these are young & old who stare at you, wanting to touch you, speak to you.  We have the 2 teenage boys with us & they have such influence with these young boys here that it is a little scary.  Anything these American boys do, these young men mimic. For example there is a song, which I will try to load & have a link for you later that is an exciting worship song & one of our boys started to dance a little in his seat...well a whole group of young men stood up & began to dance almost like an explosion happening. It is  like they have been so bound up & freedom is just waiting to burst forth.  I don't know, but maybe you understand a little of what I am saying; again my words will fail me on this. Here is a link to the invitation time which is still an overwhelming sight & sound. Call to Christ in Pattoki

The testimonies of lives being changed are precious each night.  You remember that we rented 80 buses to bring people in.  One of the hired Muslim bus drivers shared last night, that God had touched him & changed his life completely. He called one of the pastors & wanted to share with the christian crowd what had happened to him. The crowd erupted with applause when he finished.

And for you sports fans, meet the new Asian Cricket World Cup team! We wore these jerseys on the last night of the Pattoki campaign. I spoke some about our allegiance we both have for our flags & our countries, but that our highest allegiance was to our God, then I sang I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb. I think you can catch the last of it on David's blog, www.tseainc.blogspot.com .
At the hotel where we stay, some of the lower staff are believers.  They are only allowed those positions, the Muslims are the business people here who hold all of the upper staff positions. As I was uploading these videos today, a young man by the name of Nadeem was cleaning my room. He heard the singing & stopped cleaning & asked me if I was Christian, to which I replied yes. Then he whispered, I am too.  He asked if were to celebrate Easter here in Pakistan & where we were preaching. He then asked me to pray to Jesus for him.  In fact all of the workers here that find out we are Christian as for us to pray for them.  I don't have a clue what their life is like, but they know they need prayer. So do I.

2 comments:

The Whitmer Family said...

I am awed by this testimony! Praise GOD, He is working everywhere ALL the time! How humbling and encouraging to witness from afar the mighty hand of the Lord.

Dwaina said...

so cool to think that we have brothers and sisters all over the world. and yes, so humbling to think that we are so "fat/spoiled/ungrateful" for the freedoms and plethora of Christian "resources" here... most of us don't read our Bibles or the study helps we have. wow.